Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Second Round Was A Go!

My white blood cells were back up so I was able to go ahead with my chemo yesterday.  I was relieved that I didn't have to get the shot that I have been told will make my bones ache, yet it would stimulate my bone marrow to produce my white blood cells.   That being said, I was happy to not have to do that.

My son Alex took me to chemo.  I enjoyed spending time with him and I hope he enjoyed it although it took longer than usual.

All went well during the actual chemo.  No real side effects other than to the steroids.  It was good to have Alex to drive home.  He was also a great help in getting my youngest Brianna to a birthday party and picking her up later.

This round seemed to be harder on me last night.  I had the usual head ache, but the nausea was the worst.  The patch they gave me seemed to be doing very little so I got out the dreaded Compazine (which is a sedative) and started taking it.  I also took more Zofran.  I only threw up twice and was able to keep the rest down.

I also got to speak with an old friend who is big into the doTerra Essential Oil's. She sent me several samples that she thought would help me.  I used a few of them last night.  I'm hoping with use I will see some benefit.

Julie Cummings brought the kids pizza which the truly enjoyed.  I wish I could have but I know I wouldn't have been able to keep it down.  My number one priority is drinking.  I sipped water all night and continue to do so.  Alex made me so scrambled eggs this morning.  He has been a huge help, especially since Steven got sent out of town for a few days.

All in all I think I'll get through this week.  I already feel better than I did last night.

I'm getting tired and ready to lie down again so going to cut this short.  I truly appreciate all the love and prayers.  I really need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment